Wednesday, April 16, 2014

22 Week Dr Appt.

Yesterday was our Dr appt and to be honest, I was a little nervous.  I was nervous that the Dr wasn't going to be happy with my weight gain, since I have only gained 11 lbs.  Thankfully he didn't mention anything about it, so I guess I'm doing ok.  My blood pressure is good and the main thing we prayed for was a long, strong cervix (a shortening cervix can indicate preterm labor).  The Dr saw mine and said it was like a mile long...lol!  Woohoo! Praise God, we will continue to pray that it stays that way until the perfect time for delivery.

The Dr had a look at the babies and all is well.  Our baby girl was curled up on the bottom and one of the boys looked like he was sitting on a recliner.  It's a pretty fast ultrasound, as they mainly check to see the heart beats and my cervix.  We go in for our 1hr and 1/2 growth ultrasound on April 29th, this is where they measure everything to make sure their growth is on track.

The past couple of days I haven't been feeling so well.  I feel like I'm back in the 1st trimester with morning sickness and it's no fun!  I asked the Dr how could this happen since the medication I've been taking has been working great.  They say it could be from something I ate or a surge in hormones.  I'm guessing it's a surge because my hips have been aching quite a bit and I'm guessing they are stretching to make room for the growing babies.

Yesterday evening as I was relaxing on the recliner, I decided to look at my bare belly and see if I could see any movement.  I've read that now is the time you could see it and to my surprise, I did!  At first glance, my belly looked a little lopsided, then it evened out.  Then I felt a little thump, the skin on my belly quickly popped out and went back to normal. The sad thing is, no one is ever around when this cool stuff happens.  So I grabbed my phone and started to record my belly to see if I could catch it to show Lawrence.  Sure enough, I caught one little thump.

1 comment:

  1. We praise GOD all are well and healthy.. But we want to see you feel better too! Praying to the GOD if the impossible to make it possible for you to start feeling better again!! I read in a blog that a person was not feeling good after her babies started moving a lot.. So only GOD knows and ONLY GOD can resolve this so we ask out merciful father to help you with this and that you would feel good again! Love you and the loves!!!
    Nana of Three!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete