Monday, April 28, 2014

Baby Shower, April 26th.

What a great shower!  My mom did an excellent job making everything look perfect. This was her 1st time throwing a shower for one of her grandchildren, so she went all out.

We had about 60 guests show up which included family, good friends from my old job, my church family and some special guests that I haven't seen in years.

It started at 3:30 and we ate lunch around 4pm.  The food that was served was turkey/roast beef croissant sandwiches, roll up sandwiches, salad, macaroni salad, fruit, veggies, bean dip, chips and drinks.  The top layer of the cake was marble with custard and the bottom was my favorite, white with strawberry filling. Everything was delicious, especially the fruit.

The guests played games while I made my way around each table to say hello and make sure I had the chance to greet everyone.  It was such a pleasure to see all these wonderful women come out to celebrate this day with me.

We got a bunch of diapers, wipes and Target gift cards.  We also got a lot of the essentials we needed and of course not many could stay away from buying us baby clothes.  The babies will be nice and warm this winter since each baby got 3 handmade blankies and a nice soft one from Nana.

I'm so blessed!!!  Thank you Lord for touching my body that day, that I was able to make it through without feeling sick.

We are in the process of organizing things and hopefully can get it all together before these little ones come.  If you came to my house right now, you would think you stepped into a baby store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment