Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How did the Dr appt go???

The purpose of this visit was to find out if I had any concerns or questions regarding the pregnancy, to check the babies to make sure all looks good and to start measuring  my cervix to make sure it's not opening or shortening.

As soon as we checked in and sat down to wait to be called back to the exam room, I was starting to feel really anxious.  It's been about a month since I've seen my little ones and I couldn't wait to know how they were doing and see how much they've grown.

The Dr walks in and the 1st question is, "How are things going?".  I let him know that I have been doing much better since taking both anti-nausea meds and that I tried not taking them and it was a disaster.  He said to continue on for as long as I need.  Then he looks at the chart and noticed my weight gain wasn't up to par with what he would like to see, but I told him I was trying.  I have now gained back 13lbs of the 14 I lost in the 1st trimester, so that's progress!  He told me to try and get extra calories in from whatever I can tolerate eating...hmmm, Ice cream, cheesecake, chocolate and pizza???  lol!  Funny thing is, I don't even crave those things.  He told me to try Ensure to help boost the calories and I told him I drink that already and it's DELICIOUS, he laughed and said that's great, continue with that.

Now it's time to look at those babies!!!  There was an intern that was in the room with us, so she did the ultrasound while he was explaining to her what we were looking at.  Can you guess what the intern Dr's name was???  Dr. Brown!  This time the ultrasound machine seemed to be on extra maximize, the babies were huge and filling up the whole screen.  I'm used to seeing these little humans wiggling around, but this time they were giants.  

I love the thumbs up! It's like Baby C is saying, "Don't worry Mom, everything is good in here!".

I told Lawrence it's still not real to me.  I see them on the ultrasound screen and my belly is surely growing, but can't comprehend that they are developing in MY womb.  It's still very surreal and I really wonder when I'm going to realize that those precious babies are MINE and are growing healthy and strong in MY womb. I'm guessing reality will hit me when I can start feeling them move.  I can just picture it now...I'm at work and all of a sudden I got a leg using my lungs as a soccer ball, then a fist punching my stomach like a punching bag and hopefully the other will be sleeping at that time...lol!  It sure is amazing getting to experience each step of pregnancy, I've always dreamed of being where I am now.  

At the end of the visit Lawrence asked, "So, everything you seen today is right on track and you don't see anything that can be a concern?"  Dr said, "No, everything looks great for this stage".  WOOHOO!!!

Thank you Lord for giving me the opportunity to experience the joys of pregnancy and allowing me to be a mother to these 3 precious children.  I am forever grateful and give you all praise and glory and I pray our story reaches out to many and that they will have hope in you.





2 comments:

  1. OH WOW!!!!! We really LOVE the close ups too!!! Three thumbs up for all the Three LOVES!!!!!! WOW you felt them!!! Woohooo!!!! I think those two are boys and the quite one is a sweet girl LOL.... <3 <3 <3
    Nana & Papa wait patiently... NOT!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry I was so excited I misread,,,,... I got it now you are sharing a scenario..lol

    ReplyDelete