Wednesday, June 4, 2014

28 weeks 2 days

We had a Dr appt yesterday and we pretty much got all same information as we did at our growth scan last week.  Cervix is still nice and long, around 4cm and all babies were doing great.  Baby B was the only one to show face again, he looked like he was looking up with his chin held high.

The only thing that wasn't great was my iron level, which is showing I'm slightly anemic.  Dr recommended I take iron supplements with orange juice.  The orange juice helps the body absorb more of the iron.  Thankfully I don't have gestational diabetes since I'm at a higher risk of getting it since I'm carrying multiples.  I told the Nurse Practitioner that I was gonna pray that my pancrease would function properly and do what it needed to do in regards to regulating the insulin in my body.  When I saw her she agreed that God was definitely answering my prayers.

We discussed scheduling my c-section and before he had said he wanted me to get to 34 weeks, but now he says since I'm doing so well, he wants me to to get to 35 weeks.  My Dr will be in Puerto Rico the 34th week and coming back just in time to deliver my precious little ones.  I told him that worked out great so he will be nice and relaxed when taking my babies out...lol!  He agreed and said he would be coming back a little heavier since he loves Puerto Rican food.  I love my Dr and I'm so thankfull that he is knowledgable and has a fun personality and likes to joke around like we do.

A couple of weeks ago I started cutting back my work hours to 6 instead of 8 and It has helped tremendously.  I'm using my vacation time to take of the 2hrs and I only have enough vacation to last until June 20th, which I believe is going to be my last day of work.  I need to rest and slowly take on projects around the house to make sure we are ready for the babies.

Our next dr appt is June 17th and we are going to keep believing that God is going to continue to help me through until the day of my c-section.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post man. its very informative. ……Take a look to our blog:
    ALOKA UST-9118

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post will be rather good, and I’m sure some will find it interesting because it’s about a topic that’s as widely discussed as others. Some may even find it useful .ALOKA UST-9118

    ReplyDelete