Monday, June 2, 2014

26 weeks 2 days Appt and Glucose Test!



Sorry, I'm a little behind on my posts.

We had a Dr appt on May 20th and all was GREAT!

Our Dr was running behind as usual, so we got to see a Nurse Practitioner.  Her name is Sharon and she was very nice, informative and answered all of our questions.  She wanted to check the length of my cervix (which is important that it stays above 2.5cm at this time), the amniotic fluid in each sac and the babies heart beats.  When she started the ultrasound she complemented my uterus on how beautiful it looked, which is a little strange…lol!  Then went on to measure the cervix which measured at around 3.5cm, which is great. 

Sharon said all looked great and she couldn’t ask for anything better.  She said that I needed to go to the lab within the next week to check my glucose and make sure I don’t have gestational diabetes.  She said having triplets puts me at a higher risk.  I told her we will begin to pray that my pancreas does its job in regulating the insulin.

I went to the lab on May 28th to drink the delicious, sugary orange drink and wait an hour there before they take my blood.  The number needs to be below 139 and my results came back at 97!  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment