Sunday, June 22, 2014

Labor and Delivery, Here I Come!

Having a high risk pregnancy means I have to get monitored and monitor myself closely to check for pre-term labor signs.  Last night at 8pm I started doing my contraction counts and for multiples, it needs to be no more than 6 per hour.   I drank some water and started my timer.  After the hour was up, I had 7 contractions.  The booklet they gave me states to call Labor and Delivery at that time, but then I read they would just have you re-do it.  So I emptied my bladder, drank 2 glasses of water and restarted.  I now had 8 contractions.   I called the Labor and Delivery Department and they wanted me to do one more monitoring session.  I drank 2 more glasses of water and did it again which ended in an 8 count of contractions.  They told me to come in because the Dr wants to have me checked out.

The Dr came in and did an exam and stated I was 1cm dilated, which wasn't a concern and my cervix is around 3.5, which is still great.  Since I was good, they wanted to monitor the babies heart rate for about 20 minutes to see how they are holding up.  The Nurse had no idea how to monitor 3 babies.  He brought out the ultrasound machine to find out where they were and see where the hearts were to be able to put the monitors in the right place.  He placed the monitors and then left the room.  We were there for about 20-30 minutes and then they were concerned because 2 of the heart beats were very similar and they weren't sure if they were missing one of the babies.  We did this over and over and were very tired and agitated by that point.  Thankfully they called my Dr and asked him what they would like done in this situation.  My Dr told them to look at the ultrasound and if the heart beat was good, they had good fluid in each sac and were moving, then to release us.  Thank God for Dr Meyer!!! 

We got there a little after midnight and left a little after 6am.  What a tiring day, but so grateful that all is well.

Here are some pics hubby took during our 6hr stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment